If you are looking for a position for your child at Orana Community Preschool, we encourage you to complete the wait list form below.
We welcome wait list applications throughout the year if positions become vacant. We start the enrolment process for the following year in August and so it is recommended to have your child’s name down on our wait list as places can fill up quickly for quality preschools.
Call 4951 6333 to enquire or email us at email@example.com
Families have the option between Mon & Tues OR Thurs & Fri positions.
Wednesday’s are available for our non-equity three year old’s and for those families requiring three consecutive days.
Visiting the centre
The best way to get to know Orana is to visit Orana!
You are most welcome to visit the centre with your child to get to see everything we have to offer your family. The best time to visit is between 10am and 11am when the children are settled in for the day and usually playing outside where your child can also enjoy a play while you look around.
8:30am – 4pm
Monday / Tuesday
Thursday / Friday
8:45am – 3pm
Priority of access
Priority of access defined by the NSW Department of education is as follows:
Services are required to give equal priority of access to:
- children who are at least 4 years old on or before the 31 July in that preschool year and not enrolled or registered at a school
- children who are at least 3 years old on or before 31 July in that preschool year and from low income and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander families
- children with English Language needs
- children with disability and additional needs
- children who are at risk of significant harm (from a child protection perspective).
There is no order of priority assigned to the list of points above. Priority must be given to the groups outlined above before any other groups, including non-equity three year olds.
The NSW parliament has passed a bill to amend the Public Health Act to strengthen vaccination enrolment requirements. From 1 January 2018 children who are unvaccinated due to their parent’s conscientious objection will no longer be able to attend preschool.
Families must provide an approved immunisation certificate that shows the child:
- is fully immunised for their age, or
- has a medical reason not to be vaccinated, or
- is on a recognised catch-up schedule if their child has fallen behind with their vaccinations.
Only approved Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) forms can be accepted. Parents/guardians must provide a copy prior to enrolment.